- Features [top]
The Chat allows you to have real time textual conversations with members of the groups you are a member of. Chat is thus only possible within a group and with the members who are present simultaneously on the chat.
Opposed to forums, the conversations are not archived.
The Chat tool is a simple tool to use and therefore has no advanced functions such as creating public rooms, ejecting participants, etc.
- Access to group chat [top]
To access the group chat, select the Chat tool in the home page. Then click on Chat with members under the desired group name.
The chat opens in a separate window: this allows you to use other tools while chatting.
The chat window is divided in three different zones: messages, people connected and textline. The people connected zone gives the list of all members connected to the chat.
- Technical requirements [top]
If you or your enterprise have a personal firewall, port 7000 should be opened.
- Write a public message [top]
Click on the white line under the chat to activate it. Then enter your message and press the return key to send it.
- How to Share Documents in the Cloud Securely with groups
- Plus addressing to filter email
- Shared mailbox: reasons for using, features and how to activate it.
- ContactOffice accepts bitcoins
- Email.fr, la messagerie chiffrée (#PGP) hébergée en dehors de la France
- ContactOffice launches end-to-end encrypted mail solution
- ContactOffice releases two factor authentication to private lable customers
- ContactOffice vetted by Flemish vets
- Oooops, our apologies
- ContactOffice surpasses 600,000 paying accounts