- What do I need to use ContactOffice?
- Are my data safe?
- What about privacy?
- Is it possible to import data?
- Will I be able to export my data if I decide not to use ContactOffice anymore?
- Am I compelled to share all my data?
- Is it possible to cancel data sharing?
- Where can I get help?
What do I need to use ContactOffice?
- A Web browser on a computer, a smartphone, a tablet, etc. The Web browser must accept session cookies. They are not a threat to your privacy.
- An Internet connection
Are my data safe?
- We guarantee the security of all the data you enter within ContactOffice. We back-up all data several times a day. Learn more
What about privacy?
- Yes, all your data are protected by a password and we can't access them. Personal data entered at registration are never transmitted to third-parties.
Is it possible to import data?
- Yes, here are the possibilities:
- Address books: .csv file (simple format compatible with most software), vCard (.vcf files, electronic business cards), Synchronization
- Calendar: vCal/iCal files (standard compatible with Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal, etc.), Synchronization
- Documents: Virtual drive (with drag and drop)
- Bookmarks: Import from Web browser.
- Notes: Synchronization
- Tasks: Synchronization
Will I be able to export my data if I decide not to use ContactOffice anymore?
- Yes, you will be able to export all your data, either tool by tool, either in a single operation.
Am I compelled to share all my data?
- Not at all: you decide which single data (a document, a contact, etc.) must remain private. If it is shared, you decide who can access it.
Is it possible to cancel data sharing?
- You can edit access rights at any time. As sharing always occurs within a group, you can also remove someone from the group at any time: the removed person will no longer be able to access data shared within the group.
Where can I get help?
- Click on "Help" in the menubar from each tool or select "Help" in the tools pull-down menu.
- Can I access to ContactOffice without registering?
- Why is there a confirmation email?
- I haven't received the confirmation email. What happened?
- How to sign up a group of users (a whole company/department)?
Can I access to ContactOffice without registering?
- No, a personal account is needed in order to store personal data.
Free Sign Up
Why is there a confirmation email?
- Your account must be linked to an existing email address
I haven't received the confirmation email. What happened?
- Possible reasons:
- You entered an incorrect email address.
Solution: start over.
- Emails servers on the Internet are slow because of high traffic
Solution: wait for a few minutes. If the email still does not get through, contact us.
- Our email was considered as spam by your email server
Solution: check your spam folder. Add our domain to your white list.
- A challenge/response system is installed on your email server: our message was considered invalid because it was sent by a machine and not by a human
Solution: check your rejected/pending messages folder. Add our domain to your white list.
- You entered an incorrect email address.
How to sign up a group of users (a whole company/department)?
- Contact technical support.
- What is a subscription?
- What if no subscription matches my needs?
- What payment means do you accept?
- How can I get an invoice?
What is a subscription?
- Every account has a subscription. It sets available capacities (ex: MB for messaging) and features (access from third-party software to the messaging account).
- Upgrade to get more capacities.
What if no subscription matches my needs?
- Contact technical support.
What payment means do you accept?
- We accept credit cards, bank transfers and checks.
How can I get an invoice?
- If you wish a payment receipt, go to 'Preferences > Subscription > Payment receipt'. Please note that you can't get a receipt before we have received your payment (the delay is different according to the payment mean you use).
- How can ContactOffice become my start page
- What is secured access?
- Why do I get the message "Session timeout. Please login again" after a while?
- Can I use my account on different computers at the same time?
- Can several users connect at the same time on the same computer?
- How to quit the site in a secure way?
- Can my account expire?
- Can I change my password?
How can ContactOffice become my start page
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click here
- Go to http://www.contactoffice.com
- In "Edit" menu, choose "Preferences"
- Click on "Navigator"
- In the "Home Page" section, click on "Use Current Page".
What is secured access?
- Access secured with SSL encrypts all data between our servers and your computer. However, it is a bit slower than standard access.
- To activate secured access, tick the box next to the lock.
Why do I get the message "Session timeout. Please login again" after a while?
- In order to keep your data confidential, your session will automatically expire after X minutes idle time. You can set the amount of minutes in the Preferences. This policy protects your data in case you would leave your computer without closing your session manually.
Can I use my account on different computers at the same time?
- Yes, it allows connecting on a colleague's computer while your personal computer is already connected.
Can several users connect at the same time on the same computer?
- No, except if each user uses a different Web browser (for instance, the first one uses Internet Explorer, and the other one uses Firefox).
How to quit the site in a secure way?
- Either click on "quit" in the menu bar, either close your browser window.
Can my account expire?
- Free accounts that are not used for 30 consecutive days are automatically cancelled and all data is lost.
- Payable accounts are never automatically cancelled as long as payment is current (even if you don't log in).
Can I change my password?
- Yes. In order to do it, select "Preferences" in the "Others" menu. Then click on "Change my password". Don't choose an obvious word (such as your name, last name...) as a password (which contains up to 10 characters). We strongly encourage you to renew your password from time to time.
- What are groups for?
- Must I share all my data with the members of the groups I belong to?
- What is a group administrator?
- What are the capacities available for the group?
- How many members can a group contain?
What are groups for?
- Groups allow for data sharing with other users. With groups, you use the full potential of ContactOffice. Sharing is done in two ways:
- Each group has its own space: group Documents, group Calendar, etc. All group members may access this common space.
- Your private data can be shared with the group members. This is useful mostly for the Calendar.
- You can view the busy timeslots (but not the event details) in the group members Calendars
- You can send Documents to a group member drop folder.
- You can assign tasks to a group member.
- Of course, group members can do likewise.
Must I share all my data with the members of the groups I belong to?
- No. You always decide which particular data you wish to keep private and which particular data, if any, that you wish to designate as public. You decide in which group/s to share your data. Any single data can have different sharing settings for different groups.
What is a group administrator?
- The administrator of a group is the person who manages the group. When you create a group, you are automatically the administrator of this group. The administrator is the only one able to add, edit or delete content in the group tools (calendar, documents, etc.), but he may give these rights to certain or all members of the group. The administrator of the group it not authorized to leave the group, unless he has chosen a new administrator.
What are the capacities available for the group?
- Just like a private environment, a group environment has capacities (GB for documents, for instance). These capacities are set by the subscription type of the group administrator. Therefore, the group administrator will generally have the highest subscription type. Example: a subscription type has a capacity of 1 GB for Documents.
- The administrator has 1 GB for his own private documents.
- Every group created by this administrator has a capacity of 1 GB for Documents. In other words, the documents placed within the group by all members (including the administrator) cannot exceed 1 GB.
- If the subscription type allows the creation of 3 groups, the total capacity for the Documents is 4 GB: 1 GB for every group and 1 GB for private documents of the administrator.
How many members can a group contain?
- Every group has a maximum number of members. It is set by the subscription type of its administrator.
Free account cancellation
- To cancel a free account, go to My account and choose "Delete my account" under "Delete". After confirmation, your account and all your data are permanently deleted. Note: Free accounts that are not used for 30 consecutive days are automatically cancelled. Payable accounts are never automatically cancelled as long as payment is current.
Payable account cancellation
- To cancel a payable account, go to My account and choose "Delete my account" under "Delete". After confirmation, your account and all your data are permanently deleted. Note: If you pay by credit card, you must also inform us so that we stop the monthly payment. If you don't do this, we will not refund you. NB: Paid accounts are never automatically cancelled as long as payment goes on. Free accounts that are not used for 30 consecutive days are automatically cancelled.