Participation in forums
- Access to the forums [top]
The forums are for groups only: you cannot create personal forums.
Select the group name in the second pull-down menu (the default value is "Private").
- Answer to a message [top]
Click on the message title and then on Answer. The title of the message is changed and includes the prefix "RE:" but you can edit it if you want. The answer appears below the message.
- Search in all tools [top]
A search field is displayed in all tools. In the left menu, select All tools. By default, only tour private data will be searched. Select Include group data if you wish to include them. Your choice is saved.
- Search in a single tool [top]
- Simple search
A search field is displayed in all tools. In the left menu, the current tool is automatically selected, but you can choose another one. Choose whether to include group data. Your choice is saved.
- Advanced search: most tools have an advanced search, the search criteria being specific to each tool. Select Advanced search in the search field right pull-down menu.
- Simple search
- Search field syntax [top]
- if you enter several words, you will get data that contain all these words. If you enter "OR" between words, you will get data that contain one of the words.
- The search does make a difference between uppercase and lowercase.
- You can add a star (*) after at least 4 characters to search on all words starting with these characters.
- holiday hawaii (equal to holiday AND hawaii) will return data containing holiday and Hawaii.
- Maui OR hawaii will return data containing Maui or Hawaii.
- "great holiday" (with the quotation marks) will return data containing the "great holiday" expression.
- "info*" will return data containing words starting with info (informations, informative, informed, etc.)
- virus -computer will return data containing the word "virus" but not the word "computer".
- tag:urgent will return data with the "Urgent" tag.
- Results display [top]
Results are limited to 200 items and are sorted by relevance. This order cannot be changed for now.
Depending on the tool where the item belongs, different Actions will be available: Open, Open in context/Open in the containing folder, etc.
If you search in all tools, you can launch the same search in a single tool by selecting it in the search field left pull-down menu.
- Recent searches [top]
The 5 more recent searches can be recalled from the search field right pull-down menu.
- Forum rights [top]
- View messages: all group members (cannot be changed).
- Add a message: all group members (cannot be changed).
- Edit a message: messages cannot be edited.
- Delete a message: group administrator (cannot be changed).
- Add a subject: group administrator (can be changed).
- Edit subjects: subjects cannot be edited.
- Delete a subject: group administrator (cannot be changed).
- Create a subject [top]
In the New menu, select Subject.
- Allow others to create subjects [top]
In the left column, display the Group forum Actions and select Access rights.
- Delete a message [top]
Click on the message title and then on Delete. You can also click on the trash next to the message. The message and all the answers that are linked to it will then be destroyed.
- Delete a subject [top]
Click on the subject and then on Delete in the left part of the screen. All messages contained in the subject are permanently deleted.
- ContactOffice introduces integrated Instant Messaging
- Threading mode email in new Crystal interface
- Access your cloud storage solutions in one place: Dropbox, Google Drive, ?
- ContactOffice drastically increases storage
- Spring is in the air: New ContactOffice Interface!
- Polls integrated in Calendar
- ContactOffice, the alternative to the American cloud
- Check out our brand new interface!
- How to attach documents to your calendar events #COusertip 4
- ContactOffice adds several new references in Education market!