- Features [top]
SMSs are used for several features:
- Event reminders at the chosen time
- Calendar sent by SMS at the chosen time
- Send a message to one recipient (free number)
- Send a message to one recipient (number coming from your address book)
- Send a message to several recipients (the numbers coming from your address books or by using the Messages tool and the Lists)
- Send a same message by email/SMS/fax (in the Messages tool)
- Notification when a new email has arrived
- Notify the arrival of a new email matching some criteria (using the filters in the Messages tool)
- Notification that someone has assigned you a task.
- Coverage [top]
The coverage comprises almost all world operators.
- Reception of SMS in $1 [top]
This feature is not available.
- Conditions to send and get SMS [top]
An SMS credit must be included in your monthly subscription. If you have reached the allocated SMS limit of your subscription or if you don't have SMS credit in your subscription, you can buy additional SMS credit (provision).
- Sending to a free number [top]
From the homepage, click on SMS. Enter a number in the Mobile field and click on Add. You can add other recipients the same way if you wish. Eventually, enter your message and click on Send.
- Send from the Contacts [top]
From the homepage, click on SMS. Click on Search to select recipients in your private or group Contacts. Enter your message and click on Send.
You can also click on a mobile phone number in the Contacts.
Potential problems regarding sending
- The cell phone number cannot be clicked [top]
If you cannot click the number, check that it's encoded in the international format using the 3 provided boxes. Do not place zero's before a country code or a zone code.
Check that the number is labelled as a mobile phone. If necessary, you can change the number type using the pull-down menu.
- Guarantee that SMS was sent [top]
We guarantee that it was sent to the SMS centre of the mobile operator and naturally, make no guarantees regarding the mobile phone of the recipient of the SMS, which could be incompatible with SMS, be offline, have a flat battery, a full memory, etc.
Potential problems regarding reception
- No SMS from $1 [top]
- Your mobile number is not entered (properly) in your personal data: go to your personal data and enter your mobile number in international format. For example: 32 475 123456.
- SMS credits are not included in your subscription: buy SMS credit.
- Your subscription includes SMS credit but it is already depleted: buy additional SMS credit.
- The internal memory of your mobile phone is full: delete some messages.
- No response from recipients [top]
Sign your SMSs with your own name so that the recipient knows who sent the message because it is the server number that appears as the sender of the SMS. If your recipients answer to this number, you will never receive their messages: they have to answer to your own cell phone number.
- Access your cloud storage solutions in one place: Dropbox, Google Drive, ?
- ContactOffice Drastically Increases Storage!
- Spring is in the air: New ContactOffice Interface!
- Polls integrated in Calendar
- ContactOffice, the alternative to the American cloud
- Check out our brand new interface!
- How to attach documents to your calendar events #COusertip 4
- ContactOffice adds several new references in Education market!
- Les Ateliers Numériques: project management tools for architects
- Drag & Drop from operating system #COusertip 3